Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

"Travel Tuesdays"...Disney World Day 3.

Day 3 of our Disney World vacation was great in a different way. We didn't ride a ton of rides, but we saw some great shows, ate great food, and even saw one of the actors from one of my favorite tv shows.

We started the day in Hollywood Studios. The plan was to stay there until Eliana's nap time, and then after her nap head over to Epcot to catch the Candlelight Processional.

Our very first FastPass of the day was to the Frozen Sing-a-long. 
TIP: I still haven't decided whether I think you should use a FastPass for this one or not. The FastPass area of seats weren't in the front (we only ended up being in the front because my stepdad hurt his ankle and was on a scooter). I'd say if you're there during a busy time of year, and you have a child that's obsessed with Frozen, then yes, definitely FastPass it. It really was a cute show, and Eliana definitely enjoyed it. She was in awe at first, but once they sang "Let it Go," she came out of her shell a bit. Oops, spoiler alert: They sing "Let it Go." Ha. 

My girl making a silly face.

I posted this picture so I would remember this phase and how happy I am that I think we've broken her of putting her hair in her mouth 24/7. 


Someone looks happy.


I actually don't have a ton of pictures from this day, but I will tell you that, yes, Toy Story Mania is all that it's cracked up to be. What a fun ride! 
TIP: Toy Story Mania FastPasses are some of the hardest to get. Be sure to try to get those first when planning your trip.

Tanner of course got to geek out riding Star Tours, and he loved MuppetVision3d because those are also some of his favorite movies. 

We had a lunch reservation at 50's Prime Time Cafe. 

TIP: Be prepared to wait even if you have a reservation. We probably waited about 30 minutes for our table. 

I had eaten here on two other occasions and had so much fun, so I couldn't wait to bring Tanner here because I knew his silly, sarcastic self would have a lot of fun with the waiter or waitress...plus the food is great! However, I was a little disappointed with our service this trip. Our waitress wasn't really into the whole, "I'm going to pretend to be your mom and make you eat your food and keep your elbows off of the table" thing. I started watching other waitresses to see if this was the new standard, but it appeared that it was not. Maybe it's because we had a 2-year-old with us, who knows. Anyway, I still love 50's Prime Time Cafe, and I would still recommend that you go there if you visit Hollywood Studios.



After Eliana's nap, we rushed over to Epcot to try to get a good seat for the Candlelight Processional. This is a Christmas show that Epcot has every year that includes a celebrity narrator (it's a different person every few days), an orchestra, and a huge choir. The narrator reads The Christmas Story (from the Bible, in case you're wondering), and the choir sings Christmas songs. They have about 3 shows per night, but we were trying to get to the 6:30 show. 


TIP: Get to the Candlelight Processional WAY early. By WAY early, I mean WAY more than an hour. Especially if the narrator is incredibly popular...which, Neil Patrick Harris, from How I Met Your Mother is. Oh right, I forgot to mention, that's who we saw. We got there about an hour early. The show before had already started, and the line was INCREDIBLY long. At one point a Cast Member came by counting people. He asked each person in line how many was in their party. When he got to us he said, "I'm not sure if you'll make it in or not." By the way, there were tons of people in line behind us, too. At that point our guys went on a scouting mission. They ended up finding a great place to see the show, and it didn't require waiting in line. Are you ready for one of my best tips ever? 
TIP: You can stand behind the fence of the American Gardens Theater and see everything. We even took turns saving our spot and went to get food at the Liberty Inn to eat while we waited.
TIP: The Liberty Inn is a quick service restaurant in the USA section of Epcot. However, even though it's quick service, you can still get a steak! That's a great value if you're on the Disney Dining Plan!




After the Candlelight Processional, we hurried over to have Eliana's picture made with Santa and Mrs. Clause. 

Then there was the time that my silly girl made everyone in line as well as Mr. and Mrs. Clause laugh. She's hilarious!



Epcot is beautiful at night!


No comments:

Blog Archive