Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

"Travel Tuesdays"...Disney Day 7

Oh, Disney Day 7...you were bittersweet. It was such a fun day, but it was also our last day. We decided before we even got to the park that day that we would skip Eliana's nap. We wanted as much park time as possible since it was the last day. If you know me and my child, this is kind of a big deal. Eliana is a super sweet, hilarious girl. Skip naptime though, and shoo mercy. Let's just say, the girl needs her nap. So...I was a little nervous about how this day would play out. All in all though, it went well as you'll see from the pictures below.

Eliana had no idea she would actually get to meet Elsa and Anna on this trip. Our Fastpasses were for the very last day, so we just kept quiet about it. Oh, and yes, I would highly recommend getting Fastpasses for this if your kid wants to meet them. 



On the teacups!


We got my mom on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!

And did I mention that Disney's Parent Swap is fabulous? Ask me about it if you need info on how to use it to its full potential.

We ended up getting a last minute late lunch reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern. The food was delicious! This was on my "Maybe" list for reservations, so I never thought too much about it. Some of us had the pot roast and some of us had the turkey. They were both fantastic! The plan was to finish eating and then walk outside to see the parade around 3:00. 

TIP: However, and this is important to know, if there's a chance of bad weather Disney may move up the time of the parade. We were still in the restaurant before 3:00, and we started hearing what sounded like the parade. Thankfully, Ellie and my mom were done eating so they headed outside to see. The rest of us caught up to them a few minutes later, and I'm glad we did. It was such a fun parade!


Check out that dragon. Spooky.


No trip to Disney would be complete without a ride on the Jungle Cruise, and since it was December, we got to see the Jingle Cruise.

Did I mention it was a no-nap day? That requires 2 pumpkin spice lattes. Ok, that's not really true. Here's what happened.
TIP: If you're on the dining plan you can use a snack credit for any drink at Starbucks. ANY DRINK.  ANY SIZE. It also includes any additional items you want in your drink...including an extra shot of espresso.  
I, of course, wanted to make full use of my snack credit, so I added an extra shot of espresso to my pumpkin spice latte. They forgot to add it to the first one, but they gave it to me anyway. Thus, 2 pumpkin spice lattes and a very happy Mommy. The only trouble was that we couldn't take them on any of the rides, so I had to drink them pretty quickly, and I like to savor my coffee.

She's so cute.

No really...look at those curls.

And then, Ellie decided she wanted to ride her first roller coaster. I'll be honest. This is a kid's coaster, but it isn't little. It isn't like the coaster at your local fair. Tanner and I rode it earlier in the week during one of the times we went back to the park during Extra Magic Hours, and neither of us really thought she would ride it. When she said she wanted to, we decided to let her because it was the last day, and it wouldn't cause her to freak out about riding anything for the rest of the trip.

She sat super still and looked scared out of her mind during the entire ride, but when it was over, she said, "Why was it so short?"


After that we headed over to Epcot for dinner at Teppan Edo. If you look in the corner of this picture, you'll see that these restaurants freak out my child.

I highly recommend Teppan Edo! It is delicious!

Filet Mignon!



So I'm not sure if I've mentioned it, but Eliana does not fall asleep in her stroller...or anywhere that isn't a bed. It took 7 days at Disney plus no nap that day for this to happen. 

I'm pretty sure we all could have fallen asleep at that point.


What a fun vacation! When can we go back????

Want to plan a fun vacation to Disney (or anywhere)? Chat with me and let me help.




1 comment:

Nana said...

This trip was so much fun for Eliana's Nana!! She was only 2 1/2 so we were hoping she would enjoy it. She absolutely loved it and wants to go back!!!!!!