Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Against the Tide - book review


Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden was the next book that I received for free from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for writing a book review for them. I'm telling you, I love this program!

Lydia Pallas works as a translator for the U.S. Navy. Her translating skills put her in the path of Alexander Banebridge (Bane), a mysterious man in need of a translator to help him take down opium traders. Due to events in his past, Bane has declared that he will never be in a serious relationship. However, he and Lydia continue to become closer as they work together. Unfortunately, Bane's enemies seek to find anyone that is important to him.

This book is full of suspense, romance, faith, and mystery. Camden does a great job of making her readers feel like they know the characters personally. I found myself rooting for Lydia and Bane even when I didn't want to root for them. When they were scared, I was nervous. When they were happy, I found that I was as well.

This was one of those books that makes you sad when you are finished because you want to keep reading it. I hope to read other works by Elizabeth Camden soon.

No comments: