Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Eliana - 9 months!!!


Eliana you are 9 months old!!!



-You are wearing mostly 9-month clothes, but you can still also wear 6-12 months. Some of 

your 6-month onesies still fit as well. They’re actually a little snug, but they are some of my 

favorite onesies that you have, so I can’t admit that you may have outgrown them.

-You are still wearing a size 3 diaper.

- You weighed 19 lbs at your doctor’s appointment on 12/12/12. I really thought you were 

going to weigh more than that. My guess was between 19.5 – 20 lbs.

- You are 27.5 inches long.

-We’re still working on the sippy cup. We bought you a cup with a straw hoping that maybe 

you would like that better. Unfortunately, you treat it just like your sippy cups…you just 

gnaw on it.

- You’ve tried several new foods. I’m sure there are many more, but all I can remember 

right now are pumpkin and turkey. You had both of those for the first time on 

Thanksgiving.



- We’ve also given you a few baby snacks. You love getting to eat like a big girl, and you 

especially love it when you get to hold your food yourself.

-You love books! We had to get you some cloth books because you like to chew on your 

board books.



- You are pulling up! That’s all that you want to do now. You started doing that on 11/19/12.



- You still give kisses, and it is still my favorite thing, but they’re harder to get these days. 

You’re much too busy to just give out kisses all day.

-You are still sleeping through the night! There were a few nights that we actually had to 

Ferber you in the middle of the night, though. That wasn’t fun. Ferbering is hard enough at 

bedtime…it’s much harder at 3 AM. 5 minutes seems like eternity when you had just been 

in a very deep sleep.

- Theoretically, we’re going to work on naptime while Daddy is off for Christmas break. 

Yes…I am that much of a wimp, and I need his help.

- You are still an attention hog…maybe even more so.




- You have 2 teeth now!!! I felt a tooth with my finger on 11/9/12, and I could see it on 

11/10/12.  I don’t know the exact date, but I think that it was less than a week later when 

the other tooth popped through. (I don't have a good picture of the teeth, yet).

- You have discovered that the problem with having teeth is that you can now bite your own 

fingers. This has happened several times, and you are not very happy about it.

- We are still working on getting you to play by yourself without being held, but we’re 

getting there. Some days are better than others.

-You still love to be held, but you start to get antsy and have to move.

- You have started throwing temper tantrums. It makes me nervous because I’m afraid 

you’re going to be mean when you get bigger, and no one will want to be around you. Dr. 

Adams told us that it’s totally normal at this age, and that made me feel a little better. 

These typically occur when we change your diaper, when we take something away from you, 

when I try to let you play by yourself, or when you’re really tired. This has definitely been 

the most challenging month of parenting, yet.

- I think your tear duct is better! Yay! One day I noticed that I hadn’t wiped your eye in 

about a week, and it has been better ever since.



- You are still pulling my hair. However, now you also grab my eyelids, nose, eyebrows, and 

ears when you’re nursing.

-One day we were in the car and the sun was in your eyes. You tried to hold up a small toy 

to block the sun. That didn't work, so the next thing we knew you were holding up your 

blanket to hide your eyes from the sun. It was really cute and funny!



- I realized one day that you had never been around stairs, so on 12/4/12 I let you try to 

climb up the stairs that go to our basement. You climbed right up them without any 

problem.

- You say, “dada” all of the time! I cannot get you to say “mama.” Sometimes you’ll say it 

when you’re angry. If I ask you to say “mama,” you usually look at me, grin, and say, “dada.” 

It’s like you know you’re teasing me.



- You’ve been a little grumpy lately, and I’m not sure what that is about. I’m hoping it’s just 

teething.

-You were an "Ellie-phant" for our costume party.



-  I don’t remember when you started doing it (early November maybe), but your wave is 

quite possibly the sweetest thing ever.





No comments: