Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

A cold day = A perfect day for Chicken & Rice Soup

I never meant for this blog to become only about Eliana, but when life got so busy I only forced myself to write about her (and not very frequently). However, I am trying to change that now. Another thing that I love is cooking. I love to cook difficult and new recipes, but honestly, I don't have much time for those anymore. Now it's all about cooking things that are fast and easy to cook with a toddler pulling on my leg. I also have to think about recipes that I can get as many veggies in her as possible. This soup fits that description. It is so easy to make, but it tastes great! I got the recipe from: http://bloggingmomof4.com/crockpot-freezer-meals-chicken/. I usually make this as a freezer meal, but it really is super easy, and today I just threw it all together. I cheat and use canned chicken. I know some people think that's gross, but like I said, it's all about fast & easy to cook with a toddler on my leg.


Homestyle Chicken and Rice Soup

Ingredients
1 lb Cooked Chicken Breast chopped into pieces
1 bag frozen vegetables - I just use a bag of frozen mixed veggies. You can use whatever you prefer.
4 T butter
1 box chicken stock (added the day of cooking)
1 C rice (added last 20 minutes of cooking)
I would also recommend adding some salt and pepper even though it wasn't in the original recipe.
Directions
Add chicken, vegetables and butter to freezer bag and freeze.
Write on Freezer Bag
Thaw slightly and place in crockpot.
Add the box of chicken stock and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Add 1 C rice last 20 minutes of cooking.



No comments: