Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

My Favorite Christmas Candy...at least one of them.

One of my favorite blogs, Kelly's Korner, is doing a link-up today about favorite holiday recipes. I have so many, so it was very hard to decide (maybe I'll post more later). Anyway, I decided to post a candy recipe that I remember my grandmother making for as long as I can remember. I haven't made these yet this year, so I don't have any pictures, but I'll edit this post once I do. O'Henry bars make Rice Krispies treats seem like nothing! These have rice cereal, chocolate, butterscotch, and peanut butter!!! There is nothing wrong with that combination!

O'Henry Bars

Ingredients:
1 C Sugar
1 C Light Corn Syrup
1 1/2 C Peanut Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
6 C Rice Cereal (small box)
12 oz Butterscotch Morsels
12 oz Milk Chocolate Morsels


Directions:
Pour rice cereal into a large bowl.
In a large pot, bring sugar and syrup to a boil.
Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla.
Stir and pour over rice cereal.
Stir until cereal is well coated.
Press mixture into a greased 9x13 cake pan. You can use cooking spray or butter to grease the pan.
Melt the butterscotch and chocolate morsels in a double boiler.
Pour the butterscotch and chocolate mixture over the the rice cereal mixture.
Let cool.
Cut into squares.

No comments: