Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Man, I love Hobby Lobby.

Are you ready for it? A post not about Eliana. Ha! This is my attempt to blog about all kinds of different things. 

Anyway, for a long time now, I've wanted to get new throw pillows for our living room. We got some hand-me-down pillows when we got married, but as you will see in the pictures, they've reached their end. They were fake leather and the covers were all peeling and getting pretty nasty. 





So, it was time for new pillows, but have you seen the price of throw pillows??? I refused to pay that much! My mom loves to sew, so I thought I would see if she could make some. She said she could, but she lives in Florida, and she's been busy working on other projects. Last week she called me and told me that Hobby Lobby sells throw pillow covers in all different colors! I looked online, and sure enough, they had some that would fit the size of the pillows I already had! 

We don't have a Hobby Lobby in our city, but there is one about 30 minutes away. I called them to make sure they had some of the ones that I wanted, and sure enough they did! So Saturday after naptime, the hubby and I loaded up Eliana, and took a little drive to Hobby Lobby. I love that store! I'm not even super crafty, but I still love it! It's probably a good thing that it's 30 minutes away! I also love that they strive to run a Christian company. 

So, this is what the package looks like in case you want to go find some for yourself.



These are so easy!!! All you do is slip your pillows into them! Seriously, anyone can do this! The best part...they were only $6.99!!! I don't even know if my mom could have gotten fabric and materials for that, not counting her time!




They look great on my couch!

No comments: