Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

In the Hallway

So, with Lee's advice I am going to write about something interesting that happened to me today.

I was sitting at work in my office at ETSU. Our door was open, and there were some students in the hallway waiting for their next class. My boss and I noticed these two girls laughing really loudly and making weird noises. It didn't take long to figure out that one of them was completely wasted. She was lying in the hallway on her side right next to the wall facing it. The other girl was sitting beside her head. I can't even describe some of the sounds she was making. They were also talking about how wasted she was. I don't know how she made it through that class, or how the teacher survived. She was so loud while sitting out in the hallway that all of the teachers started closing their doors. It was quite entertaining.

Now, on a serious note. Why do people do that? What makes someone want to drink so much alcohol that they can't control their body or mind? (Not to mention the other side effects such as a terrible headache and throwing up). No part of that sounds like fun to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness this is definitly blog-worthy! I don't understand why people like to get incredibly drunk, and especially go to school that way!