Pages

Monday, February 4, 2008

A constant struggle

Ephesians 6:5-8 (The Message) - I took this out of The Message, because I really liked the wording of this section.

5 Servants, respectfully obey your earthly masters but always with an eye to obeying the real master, Christ. 6 Don't just do what you have to do to get by, but work heartily, as Christ's servants doing what God wants you to do. 7 And work with a smile on your face, always keeping in mind that no matter who happens to be giving the orders, you're really serving God. 8 Good work will get you good pay from the Master, regardless of whether you are slave or free.


This is what I am really struggling with right now. When I say really struggling, I mean REALLY struggling. Pretty much going to work depresses me on a regular basis. There are parts of my job that I really like, and there are parts that I really dislike. I won't get into all of them on here. However, I really just need to remember that I am actually working for God. I need to remember those times that I really don't feel like I can smile, to smile because God is the one giving me the orders.

I am blessed to have a job. I am blessed to have a job that helps us pay the bills. I shouldn't complain so much. I should be thankful for what I have. Why is this such a struggle for me? I am trying so hard to have a good attitude, and I am failing miserably. I am going to try to memorize this passage of Scripture. Maybe that will help. Any other suggestions???

1 comment:

Tori Clements said...

TRUE THAT! I cry about going to work sometimes. Yeah. I know my job seems cushy, but I really hate it. I sometimes pretend to enjoy work and SOMETIMES it helps. I go in with a big smile on my face and pretend to have a blast and occassionally (dang those double letters. I don't know which ones to take out) I end up having fun. Try that.