Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

"Travel Tuesdays"...Disney Day 5

Welcome back to "Travel Tuesdays!" I missed some over the last few weeks because of all of the snow that we had! You'd think with Tanner being off that I'd be able to get more work done, but that was not the case. Anyway, I'm back, and it's time for Disney Day 5! We started this day at Hollywood Studios and ended at the Magic Kingdom. 



It just so happened that before we left the hotel that morning, Eliana saw her Sofia the First dress sticking out of her suitcase. She immediately asked if she could wear it that day, even though she had no idea she would be meeting Sofia. I, of course, told her she could because let's be honest, how cute are these pictures? This is another meet and greet that made me tear up a little. I didn't expect it at all, but she got more excited about seeing Sofia than she did when she met the Frozen sisters (stick around for those pictures).



We also got to go to Mickey's clubhouse! This is a super cute show if you have preschool-aged kids! It featured a lot of the Disney Junior favorites: Mickey and friends, Doc McStuffins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Sofia the First! Tanner was impressed with the puppetry.
Tip: You sit on the floor for this show and it does fill up. Try to get there a little early.



After that show, we hurried over to see the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. I loved this show the last time I saw it, and I had heard that it was closing soon, so it was definitely on our to-do list. Note: It is still showing, but I'm not sure what the plans are for it at this time. 
I knew this would have some loud parts, so we brought Eliana an iPad and headphones to play with. Unfortunately, we didn't get them on her in time, and she got a little scared. My mom ended up taking her out of the theater.
Tip: This show may scare toddlers...even with an iPad and headphones.

It was a show kind of day for us. Next up was Voyage of the Little Mermaid. This is a pretty short show where they do a quick recap of the movie. It's cute, but if you don't have time to make it to this, your vacation won't be busted. 

Our final show at Hollywood Studios that day was Beauty and the Beast - Live On Stage. This is also a cute show, but I may skip it next time. Not because it isn't good, Beauty and the Beast just isn't Eliana's favorite, so I think we could make better use of our time doing other things. If she changes her mind and gets on a Beauty and the Beast kick, I'm sure we'll see it again.

We even managed to squeeze in a few rides. We rode Rock 'N' Roller Coaster two times.

Tip: Do the single rider line if you don't mind being split up. It was much faster!

Then we did the ride that I had skipped the last few times I was at Disney. I've never liked drop rides very much, so I had never ridden the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I had heard excellent things about it though, so I was determined to conquer my fear this time and ride it. Tanner felt the same. I'm not sure if you can tell by the picture, but I laughed through the entire thing. It was fantastic! You never know what's going to happen, and it felt like we had super long ride. Please enjoy Tanner's face in the picture below (bottom right). Then feel free to watch the video below that. Yes, we have video (ask me about Memory Maker before you plan your next trip). Enjoy!





After a quick nap it was time to head to the Magic Kingdom for the event that Eliana had been desperately waiting for...eating in Cinderella's Castle. I'm sure I've told you on a previous post, but for over a year Eliana has been saying, "I want to go to Cinderella's Castle someday, but it's too far away." She would say this any time she saw a picture of the castle. Once we saw the castle on Day 2, we told her that in a few days we would get to go inside and eat. She couldn't believe it! She had no idea that other princesses would be joining us.



We got a great table with a view of Eliana's favorite ride! 






When they started announcing the first princess, Eliana didn't know what to expect. She was so excited when she saw Snow White walk out and start coming toward our table (we were Table #3).

When they started announcing the next princess, she said, "Who's it going to be?" She had been wanting to meet Aurora, but she always had a long line. We knew she would probably be at this dinner, so we kept trying to distract her until then. She finally got to meet her!

Ariel! I don't have a good picture of Jasmine, but she was there, too. The only picture I have has other people's kids in the background.

The castle is so pretty at night!

Watching Elsa light the castle.




Next, it was time for a Disney Classic...It's a Small World!


I had heard so much about Dole Whips that I knew I had to try one. I had pineapple juice and pineapple ice cream. Next time, I'm going to try it with vanilla ice cream. It was just a little too strong for me. Tanner said he'd get the same thing next time, though.

We hurried to watch the parade! This parade is so pretty. Be sure to watch it at least once on your trip.

I promise we weren't blocking anyone's view. There was a fence behind them.



To end the evening we hurried to meet Tinkerbell. This was one of my favorite meet and greets. She was so much fun! When she found out we had eaten with the princesses she asked Eliana if Aurora was awake. She said that she had been known to have problems staying awake and had even fallen asleep in her waffles one morning! Eliana thought that was hilarious! Tink told us to come back any time because she thought Ellie was so much fun.



No comments:

Blog Archive