Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

"Travel Tuesdays"...Disney Day 6

It's time for a post about Day 6 of our Disney Vacation! This was probably the most low-key day that we had (minus me sprinting from the car to the FastPass Kiosk in Hollywood Studios because my app told me there were still some Fastpasses available for Fantasmic). More on that later.

We started this day in Epcot, and ended in Hollywood Studios. We rode Test Track and Mission Space: Orange first. Test Track was a lot of fun!
Tip: Use the Single Rider Line if you don't mind being separated. We almost walked right on.

Test Track was a lot of fun for me partly because of the older man sitting next to me. He made car noises the entire time and pretended like he was shifting gears and steering. 

While we were busy riding rides, someone decided she needed a Minnie hat to match her Minnie sunglasses.


We rode several other things, and then it was time for our lunch reservation at San Angel Inn. 


 See that menu? See the item that says Pollo a las Rajas? Oh my... it was so incredibly good. In fact, I came home and found a recipe for it and made it.

We walked around a little bit more, but by then it was time to head back for a certain little girl's nap.

Once she woke up it was time to head over to Hollywood Studios. We were hoping to catch the first Fantasmic show, ride the Tower of Terror again, see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, and whatever else we could squeeze in. 

Everything I read said that you basically have to get in line for Fantasmic about an hour before the show. This did not sound like fun with a toddler. While we were in the car I looked on my phone and saw that there were still some Fastpasses available. We had already used our Fastpasses for the day, so the only way to get them was to go to the kiosk. The trams at Hollywood Studios take a lot of time because they wait for it to fill up, then they go through a long safety speech twice (once in English and once in Spanish), and finally they head to the park. At the time I thought the kiosk was at the front of the park, so I decided to hurry and jog to it instead of waiting on the tram. The rest of the group rode the tram. I forgot to mention that I don't run...ever. I hate running. I also had a sinus infection and bronchitis at the time. This wasn't my best decision. I got to the front of the park and asked where the kiosk was. Turns out it wasn't at the front, it was now closer to the middle of the park. I took off running again. Thankfully, there were still Fastpasses available by the time I got there. Unfortunately, even though our accounts were linked, the kiosk messed up and wouldn't let me add some of our group's Fastpasses. That meant I had to wait until I had their MagicBands. Goodness. We finally all had our Fastpasses, and we didn't have to wait in line for an hour. 

We got to use that time riding Tower of Terror instead! Seriously, even if you don't like drop rides, please try this one. It is so much fun! We're in the top left of this photo.

After that we headed over to see Fantasmic. You need to make it a point to see this show while you're at Disney! It has just about every Disney character you can think of in it, fireworks, water elements, and more. It is really, really neat!

We ended the night checking out the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. This is an amazing Christmas light presentation. 





Anyone recognize the creature in the window?




No comments:

Blog Archive