Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

"Foodie Fridays"...Garlic Noodles

This week I want to show you guys a recipe that my family absolutely loves! These noodles are amazing, and the recipe is pretty quick and easy to make! We've eaten this both as the main dish and as a side dish with chicken. I like it both ways. 

This week I dredged chicken breasts in flour with salt and pepper, then an egg wash, and then Italian breadcrumbs. I then pan-fried the chicken. It went so well with these noodles! 

I got the noodle recipe from Stephanie at Plain Chicken. She has some awesome recipes, so please be sure to check out her blog! 

Creamy Garlic Noodles {Homemade Pasta-Roni}
adapted from The Cheese Pusher

Ingredients

  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1/4  tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 3 cups chicken stock (I used unsalted)
  • 1/2 lb angel hair pasta
  • 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (green can)
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream (I added a little extra)
  • 1 Tbsp dried parsley

Directions

Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Stir in the garlic and allow it to cook for a about 2 minutes. Add the butter and allow it to melt. Once the butter is melted, add the salt, pepper, and chicken stock. 

Once those ingredients are added, increase your heat to high and allow the mixture to come to a boil. Once it is boiling, add the angel hair pasta and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes. After this, reduce the heat to medium and add the parmesan, heavy cream, and parsley. Stir. Allow to cook until the cheese is melted. 

No comments:

Blog Archive