Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"Word Wednesdays"...Ministering in Urban (or Downtown) Areas


I recently shared a link (Morrice, 2014) on my Facebook page about ministering in urban areas. Just in case you guys missed it or don't follow me on Facebook, I wanted to share it here as well. This article talks about the importance of ministering in urban areas. Is it easy? No. Is it always comfortable? No. Is it always safe? No. However, I like how the author points out that the same can be said for suburban areas as well (a thought I'm guilty of forgetting).

This is something that I am working through. I've always been in cushy, comfortable churches. Now I find myself in a church plant in the heart of downtown. Praise God that He is changing my heart to love this, but I still have a long way to go.

What about you? Do you feel like God is calling you to minister in an urban area? If you're in my area we would love to have you visit us at CRC. Talk to me, and let me tell you more about who we are and what we do.

http://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/missing-demographic-urban-churches

No comments:

Blog Archive