Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Toddler's Prayer

I had to share about Eliana's random prayer the other day. We had been busy painting a Valentine's Day painting which involved painting her hands and her feet. After we finished that painting, I let her paint on some paper. I was busy throwing away some paint-covered paper towels, and I heard her say, "Dear God," with her little hands clasped. I immediately stopped what I was doing to see how this was going to play out. She bowed her head, kept her hands clasped, and said..."Dear God, paint on my hands." Philippians 4:6 states, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God" (ESV). She hates to feel like her hands are messy (a trait that her OCD Mommy may have caused), so maybe she really was concerned about it, or maybe she clasped her hands together and it made her think about praying. I don't know. What I do know is that it made this Mommy cry. It was the first time that she randomly started praying on her own. She had asked us to pray with her before, but she had never done it by herself. God, I pray that you continue to help us lead this sweet little one to You so that when she is older she will not depart from You (Proverbs 22:6).

  

4 comments:

Tori Clements said...

Oh. My. Word. I love her!

Nana said...

Love her so much! You and Tanner are wonderful parents to Ellie!

Anonymous said...

How precious! I love little moments like these.

Carrie said...

Oh goodness...this is so sweet! What a doll. <3

Thank you for linking up at Wordy Wednesday and sharing, I enjoyed this sweet story!