Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Snow day = Potato Soup Day

Ok, that title isn't completely true. Soup sounds really good, but I don't have all of the ingredients that I need. I'm actually posting this today as a link-up with Kelly from Kelly's Korner.

One of my favorite kinds of soup is potato soup, but with a special ingredient. My stepmom actually got me hooked on this, and you can't knock it until you try it.

My favorite ingredient in potato soup is...corn! Yep, I'm a corn-lover anyway, but it is so good in potato soup.

Sorry I don't have any pictures yet of this one. 

Potato Soup with Corn

Ingredients
- 8 potatoes (thinly sliced)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 pound frozen yellow corn
 - 1 can of evaporated milk (small can)
- 1 stick of butter
 - pepper (to taste)
- 1 can cream of celery soup (optional) or chopped celery (optional)

Directions
Put the potatoes in a pot with just enough water to cover them. Add the salt and onions. Cook on medium until the potatoes are tender. This will probably only take 10-15 minutes. Once the potatoes are tender, mash them slightly. Next, add the frozen corn, evaporated milk, butter, and pepper. Let this simmer at least until it is heated through. If the soup needs to be thinner, you can add some milk. You may also add celery or cream of celery soup if desired.

Note: You may also put this in your crockpot on low for 4-6 hours.



What's your favorite kind of soup?

1 comment:

Mom said...

Made this soup on Sunday, it was so good. I've always made my soup very similar to this but never put corn in it. I like it with the corn.