Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Travel Tuesdays... Disney Planning!

This is the week for new features on my blog! Keep visiting because there will be something new each day. I'm hoping having this schedule will keep me on track with writing!

Today's feature is "Travel Tuesdays!" If you know me, you know that I love to travel! Some of my favorite memories are from visiting different countries. I haven't gotten to travel as much in the last few years, but I think my reason is pretty valid...Eliana! We've been on a few trips with her, and they have been so much fun! Stay tuned for a post about our most recent trip to the beach! Anyway, "Travel Tuesdays" is the time for all of us to share posts about recent trips and travel tips! Just like with "Mommy Mondays," I want everyone that reads this to participate! Leave a comment, post a link to one of your travel posts in the comments, ask for travel advice, answer others' questions, etc. Just have fun and join in!



We are deep in the planning stages of our trip to Walt Disney World later this year. I'm hoping to post a lot of Disney tips as I learn them! Check back each week to see what I post! Maybe it can help you as you plan a trip!


Today's tip will be obvious for all of you Disney experts out there, but I wanted to help some of the Disney Newbies today. The #1 tip I can give you for planning a trip to Walt Disney World (WDW) is to PLAN AHEAD!!! I don't just mean a few months...I mean at least a year if you can. We booked our trip about 15 months ahead of time, and I'm so glad we did! For one thing, hotels fill up. I'm sure this doesn't happen all of the time, but during busy times of the year, you would hate it if you couldn't get one of the hotels you really wanted. Don't worry, if Disney releases a discount at your hotel you can still get it!

The other reason for booking so far ahead of time is so you can do your research! I know, it seems odd to have to do so much research for a vacation, but from what I've learned with WDW it is a necessity! You want to figure out which restaurants you want to try way before 180 days prior to your trip. This will allow you to create a plan for making your reservations! Booking your restaurant reservations exactly 180 days before your trip is a necessity! Especially if you want to eat at some of the busier restaurants (Be Our Guest, Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's, etc.). I woke up at 5:50 am (EST) to make sure I was logged on and ready when the reservations became available at 6:00 am (EST)! My husband thought I was crazy, but he definitely appreciated it when I was able to get all of the reservations we wanted!

I'll be posting more detailed Disney tips as we go along, but be sure to follow my Disney Tips board on Pinterest! I have a ton of great tips on there!

No comments:

Blog Archive