Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

"Foodie Fridays"...Chicken BBQ




This week on "Foodie Fridays," I'm going to post another recipe that I love! First, let me tell you about the website where I found it. Once a Month Meals is one of my favorite websites! It's probably the website I use the most for doing freezer meals, but sometimes I make her recipes without freezing them. This next recipe is one that I haven't frozen, but I'm sure it would be great! She has traditional menus, gluten-free menus, vegetarian menus, whole food menus, etc. I'm telling you, you need to check out her website!

Anyway, this recipe is for what she calls, "Chicken-Q" Sandwiches. This would be a great easy and tasty recipe for a Labor Day cookout! These sandwiches are delicious! The best part is that they are healthier than traditional bbq sandwiches! She states that you can use whatever BBQ sauce you prefer, but I make the one included with the recipe. Trust me, you won't be disappointed! This recipe is so easy! All you do is mix everything into your slow cooker, and let it cook for at least 5 hours. Shred your chicken, and you're done! 


Chicken-Q Sandwiches


Author/Source:

Christine @ onceamonthmeals.com

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 8 ounces tomato sauce
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 cups onion, diced
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 8 whole wheat hamburger buns

Directions:

Place tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, onion, vinegar, hone, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, chili powder, salt and paprika into slow-cooker and stir until well blended. Add chicken breasts. Cook on low for about 5 hours, or until chicken can be shredded easily. Shred chicken in slow-cooker. Divide into 8 servings and place on whole wheat hamburger bun to serve.

Freezing Directions:

Once cool, place each sandwich in a pint-sized freezer bag, lay flat and freeze.

Nutritional Information:

Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 sandwich • Calories: 315
Fat: 10 • Protein: 26 • Carbs: 32 • Fiber: 5 • WW Points Plus: 9

No comments:

Blog Archive