Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"Mommy Mondays"... Big Girl Bed



This week's "Mommy Mondays" (on Tuesday) is a tough one for me. This weekend we switched my baby girl from her crib to a big girl bed. I can't say that I was ready for this, but she was so excited about it! We had mentioned it to her a few times in passing, and one day we showed her some of the different comforters that were available. She, of course, decided that she had to have a "Frozen" bed. I think she asked for it every single day since she saw it. Her excitement was one of the reasons we decided to go ahead and do it. We wanted to take advantage of her wanting to do it before she changed her mind. We also knew that we wanted her to be accustomed to sleeping in a big girl bed before we go to Disney later this year. She is end-to-end in her pack-and-play, so I doubt she'll be able to use it on trips pretty soon.

Anyway, to say I was nervous about this transition was an understatement. Eliana loves routine so much, that sometimes she freaks out when things change (she may or may not have gotten that from her Mommy). Thankfully, we talked to her about it enough ahead of time that I think she was ready. She spent all afternoon playing on her bed. She's never played in her room alone for very long, so we were shocked!

 We have had 3 successful nights, and naps haven't been awful either! I'm not naive enough to think that there won't come a time when she realizes she can escape from her bed. Until then though, I'm going to enjoy my sleep, too!


The last time in her crib!


She wanted to help us take it apart and put her bed together!





Cutting the slats!

Before

After





We used 3 of the skinnier pool noodles taped together to make a bed bumper. Simply place it under the fitted sheet! It cost $6.00 instead of $30.00 or more. So far, it seems to be working perfectly!

The next morning!



No comments:

Blog Archive