Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

"Foodie Fridays"... Ranch Potatoes



The recipe I have for you today is fantastic! We had a cookout this week for Labor Day, and I made these potatoes. I actually thought of the idea on my own, but I decided to do a little googling to see if anyone else had a better way of doing it. I went with the recipe from Hidden Valley. I figured they are Ranch experts, so they would know what tastes great! These potatoes are so simple to make! The hardest part is washing and cutting the potatoes!

Oh, and keep in mind that one of my friends hates Ranch dressing, but she even loved these potatoes! She went back for seconds before I told her they had Ranch mix on them.

A few notes from me:
- I actually made 5 lbs of potatoes, so I used 3 packs of Ranch mix and 3/4 cup of oil. I think this made them even better! If you want a little more flavor than the recipe calls for, consider adding a little more of each ingredient.
- I cut most of my potatoes into eighths instead of quartering them. This allowed them to cook a little faster. It still took a little longer than 30 minutes for me, but my oven tends to take longer than most.
- Make sure you get the oil and Ranch mix evenly distributed on the potatoes.

This is all that was left once I thought about snapping a picture.


Original Ranch Roasted Potatoes

MEAL HIGHLIGHTS

  • Serves: 5
  • Prep Time: 15 min.
  • Cook Time: 35 min.
  • Meals & Dishes: Dinner
  • Main Ingredient: Potato

INGREDIENTS

Potatoes

  • ¼ cup vegetable oil
  • 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Salad®Dressing & Seasoning Mix
  • 2 pounds small red potatoes quartered

DIRECTIONS

Side Dishes

  • Place potatoes in a gallon-size Glad® Food Storage Bag and add oil; seal bag. Toss to coat. Add Dressing & Seasoning Mix and toss again until coated. Bake in ungreased baking pan at 450°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are brown and crisp.

No comments:

Blog Archive