Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

"Thrifty Thursdays"...Walmart Savings Catcher


Have you guys heard about Walmart's new Savings Catcher? I plan on writing a whole post at some point about price comparisons, but I wanted to briefly tell you about this new feature from Walmart. Savings Catcher allows you to submit your Walmart receipt, and it will check your local ads to see if the items you bought were available for a cheaper price at a different store. If it finds a cheaper price, you get credit for the difference. You can then use these credits to get a Walmart gift card. I plan on waiting until I have about $20 or so in my account before I cash out.

This is super easy to do! If you have an iPhone you can do it through the Walmart app. All you have to do is create an account, then scan the bar code on your receipt each time you shop at Walmart. You can also do this online at http://www.walmart.com/savingscatcher. Be sure you do this as soon as you can after your purchase because it does expire.

I have a feeling this will work really well for people that buy more brand name items than we do. Savings Catcher has already found cheaper prices on several items for me, and I do not buy many brand name items. Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Blog Archive