Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Mommy Mondays"...Big Girl Bed Update

I write these "Mommy Mondays" posts for several reasons, but mainly so I can remember the funny things that happen around here. I have a terrible memory, so I try to keep notes of things Eliana says or does, so I will be able to remember them when I'm 70...or even 31.

This is an update on her big girl "Frozen bed." She still loves it, thankfully! Actually, after about a month of sleeping in it, I can say that the transition has gone better than I expected! However, she has gotten it into her head that she no longer wants to use blankets at all.

I know you may be thinking, "So? What's the big deal? Just dress her warmly and forget the blankets." Here's why this is funny to me. This is the same child that required at least 3 blankets in her crib at all times. Every...single...night. Somehow, the moment she switched to a big girl bed something happened, and now she doesn't want any blankets (including the comforter). We think it started because she wanted to be able to see Anna and Elsa on her comforter. She didn't realize she could see them even if she was underneath them.

Anyway, we've tried a number of different ways to convince her that it's fun to sleep under the covers. Have I mentioned that she's stubborn? The closest we've gotten was when she realized it's fun to play under the covers like a tent. I wonder how long this phase will last!

Here's the one time I briefly got her under the covers.

No comments:

Blog Archive